Begin your new career
in education.

Our dedicated team is ready to help service members and veterans begin their new careers in education. Our team will provide you with counseling and referral services to guide you through certification and licensing requirements and help you find employment leads.

Financial Resources

Financial assistance may be provided to eligible individuals to help pay for teacher certification costs.

Program Application

The first step to beginning your new career is to complete and submit the Troops to Teachers online application.

Job Opportunities

Opportunities for your new career. Explore available teaching positions across the state of Texas.

About Troops to Teachers

What is Troops to Teachers?

Troops to Teachers was established in 1993 to assist transitioning Service members and veterans in beginning new careers as K-12 school teachers in public, charter, and Bureau of Indian Education schools.

Who is Eligible for the Program?

Former and retired members of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, Reserve components and National Guard.

Is There a Program Application Deadline?

Program applications must be submitted within three years of retirement or separation to receive financial assistance, with the exception of retired Reserves.

If your program application is not submitted within three years of retirement or separation you will not be eligible for financial assistance, but will be eligible to receive counseling and referral services.

What Services are Provided Through Troops to Teachers?

Services include counseling and placement assistance for eligible members of the armed forces to become a K-12 teacher.  Financial assistance in the form of a stipend or a bonus may be available to participants who meet specific military service and application requirements.  See “Financial Assistance” for additional information on financial assistance.

What Do Counseling and Referral Services Consist Of?

Counseling and referral services consist of guidance on how to meet state teaching certification requirements and choose a certification program. Any current or former member of the armed forces is eligible for counseling and referral services.

What Do Placement Assistance Services Consist Of?

Placement assistance services consists of connecting eligible members of the armed forces with hiring officials.

Still have questions?

Contact Us

We are here to provide you with guidance on how to meet state teaching certification requirements, choosing a certification program, and connecting you with hiring officials.
Please complete the form below or call us at 1-800-810-5484 to get started today.

Preferred Method of Contact: