Routes to Certification

Troops to Teachers can help you find the right pathway to certification based on your current educational level.

Bachelor's Degree or Higher

If you have completed a bachelor’s degree but have never held a standing teaching certificate you are required to complete a state approved Texas certification program (Alternative Teaching Certification, Post Baccalaureate Programs, and Master’s and Certification (MAC) Programs.)

Career and Technical Education (CTE) Certification

Many service members leave the military with advanced technical skills in areas where public schools offer career and technical education to their students. In some cases, CTE certification can be accomplished without a bachelor’s degree.

Bachelor’s Degree or Higher